Monday 3 October 2011

The sun is shining...

So this weekend the sun was shining and for some strange reason I had a hankering to be in the kitchen and cook some delicious treats rather than sit in the garden and enjoy the sun, that doesn’t mean to say that I didn’t enjoy any sun at all but what a pleasure it was to spend the evening in the garden with the other half, glass of wine in hand and divulge into some delicious pre diner treats or should I say canapés.

I have always absolutely adored eating picky foods, having spent a lot of time in Spain growing up I would probably say that Spanish food is certainly one of my fav’s, obviously that includes tapas. There is something just so satisfying about going exploring in the mountainous Spanish villages of Andalucía and coming across a rickety looking old bar that serves the most delicious tapas, the rougher looking ones honestly tend to be the best, it’s just having the courage to step inside and work out what on earth they are serving but the tapas are usually displayed on the bar so you can get a good glimpse of what you are about to eat. If anyone happens to be heading to Andalucía then Paco Pepe’s in the village of Gaucin (about 30mins from the Costa del Sol) is well worth a visit, as is the village infact, there are also several amazing tapas bars in Rhonda.

I personally find that picky foods such as tapas are just perfect in the heat when the last thing you feel like is a big stodgy meal, plus there is the added bonus of all the flavours that you get in meal.

With it being so hot and my desire to eat some picky foods I decided to have abit of an experiment and personalise some recipes that jumped out at me whilst flicking through afew of my recipe books.

Firstly I made some Crab and tarragon stuffed cherry tomatoes and I must say that if you are a seafood fan they were utterly delicious and perfect with a nice glass of white wine.



 
And secondly some olive, spring onion and ricotta roulade frittante.





1 comment: